Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Succulents

I got a cool new macro lens for my birthday a couple weeks ago. (Thanks again Mom and Dad!) Unfortunately I know very little about my fancy camera, though I really am determined to learn. For now, any pictures that turn out nicely are more luck than skill.

Yesterday I stepped out into the 106 degree heat to practice with the lens in the front yard. Most everything looked pretty tired in the dry, oppressive heat, but my succulents were happier than ever.

Here are some of my favorite (lucky) shots.











The next one's obviously not a plant. For some reason there's a tiny drawing on the side of our house. It makes me happy everytime I see it and when the day comes to paint the house I will be sad to see it go.

1 comment:

  1. Look great Baby! Love the mid-range focus. Nice!

    ReplyDelete