Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The official salad dressing of the summer of 2010

I can't stop eating this dressing. I've made it 5 days in a row. It's perfect over fresh chopped spinach, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, green onions and feta cheese. This was a Martha Stewart recipe that I tried to make healthier. She used 2 tbsp of olive oil and full throttle sour cream. That version was thick and delicious, but I think mine is just as tasty without quite as many calories. Score!

Creamy Vinaigrette

1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage 0%)
3/4 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

In a small bowl, stir the vinegar, yogurt and salt & pepper together until smooth. Stir continuously while slowly pouring in the olive oil. Continue stirring until completely blended. Pour the dressing over your salad and then lick the rest from the bowl.

I'd show you a picture but I always devour the whole batch before I think to grab a camera.

1 comment: